I think muffins are wonderful. They’re these little magically tasty morsels that cook up quick and you get to eat them for breakfast! What I love about paleo muffins is that they aren’t so sugary-sweet like normal ones that make me feel like I’m doing myself a detriment so early in the morning. Recently, I’ve tried out the following few recipes and loved them all. I prepared the blueberry ones this morning and ate a couple. I then made the mistake of leaving them unattended and came home a few hours later to them being devoured by my family. At least I got some!
Blueberry Muffins from Bravo for Paleo
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 Tablespoon coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut milk*
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2-3 Tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 count muffin tin and lightly oil with coconut oil.
2. In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda and stir to combine.
3. Pour in coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla; mix well.
4. Fold in blueberries and add cinnamon.
5. Distribute into muffin tin. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
*Coconut milk can come in different textures depending on the brand you use. If you use a thicker brand like THAI, then use 1/8 cup of coconut milk and 4 Tablespoons of water. If your coconut milk is thinner, stick to the 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
Cranberry Orange Muffins from Cook Eat Paleo
200 grams almond flour (about 2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
zest of 1 orange
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons ghee, melted
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1/2 cup cranberries (can substitute organic dried cranberries)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
2. Combine dry ingredients and orange zest in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then fold in cranberries.
3. Using a large ice cream or cookie scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Paleo Cornbread Muffins (AKA Coconut Flour Muffins) from Empowered Sustenance
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut oil, butter or real lard, liquified
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tbs. unsweetened applesauce or, and this is really yummy, 100% pure apple butter
1 Tbs. raw honey
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line 6 muffin cups with unbleached liners. Mix together the coconut flour and oil until smooth, then beat in the eggs until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
2. Divide between the prepared cups and bake about 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed.