Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! This week I got to write a really fun article on wine and chocolate pairing. Check it out!
And if anyone would like the recipe for the yummy chocolate cake (that’s totally paleo!) from the picture in my article, here it is:
Paleo Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
*Makes 2-4 servings
5 tablespoons plus more for greasing ramekins of grass-fed butter (ghee or coconut oil)
1 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (soy free, dairy free)
2 cage-free egg yolks
2 cage-free eggs
3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
pinch of pink himalayan salt
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
unsweetened cocoa powder for garnish (optional)
raspberries for garnish (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425. Grease ramekins well with butter.
2. Using the double boiler method melt the butter and chocolate together in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the egg yolks, eggs, and coconut palm sugar until frothy.
4. Then stir in the melted chocolate mixture into the egg and sugar mixture and whisk until combined. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl combine cocoa powder, almond flour, and salt. Then sift into the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
6. Now stir the vanilla in.
7. Pour the mixture evenly into the ramekins, you can use 5 oz ramekins to make 4 servings or use 8 oz ones to make 2 servings. Tap lightly on the counter to remove air bubbles.
8. Refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
9. Place the ramekins in the casserole dish and carefully pour hot water (can be tap or boiled) into the casserole dish until it goes half way up the side of the ramekins.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes. You will know they are done when the middle doesn’t look quite cooked all the way through but the edges do. Remove ramekins from the casserole dish and let them cool for about 10 minutes. Slide a butter knife around the edge of the ramekin to pull the cake away from the sides, then turn it upside down over a plate and tap the bottom firmly until the cake slides out. Garnish with cocoa powder, caramel and any other desired toppings. Enjoy!